If you think that you’re a candidate for a program in your condition, the only way to know for sure is by seeing a physician and being assessed so that it is possible to get your medical marijuana recommendation. You can’t just buy a card, or hold on a doctor’s note and think that you’re guarded. All of the states that have legalized medical marijuana have created medical cannabis cards to monitor patients who are using this medicine legally. The only means that you’re lawfully protected is by holding a valid medical cannabis card that has been issued by the state in which you live, after your doctor has seen you and recommended you for medicinal marijuana to your healthcare situation. The way to acquire a Card is a significant step you have to follow here.
Top Five Things to Know About Medical Cannabis
There are a number of important things you should be aware of with regards to medical marijuana. To better help you be as prepared as possible, here are the top five things to know about it until you get your medical cannabis card.
1. Medical cards are only issued in 15 states and in DC – check with your state to learn whether yours is on the list.
2. You can’t get a prescription for marijuana, just a card that offers you legal protection on your state and gives you accessibility to marijuana dispensaries.
3. It’s illegal to drive or operate machinery when employing this; the laws are same with respect to alcohol use.
4. Obtaining a Medical Cannabis Card is only valid for a year after it has been issued, and then it must be revived.
5. Your medical cannabis card is only valid for the condition where it had been issued, no additional states, even if they have a medical cannabis program.
Checklist for Your Medical Cannabis Appointment
As soon as you’ve made an appointment to be assessed for a Medical recommendation with a doctor, there are some things you are going to need to make sure you bring along with you. This way you are as best prepared as is possible, and you’re able to ensure your appointment goes as smoothly as anticipated. Make certain that you take some notes on these important things you ought to bring with you, prior to your appointment. Also, how to get a medical marijuana card online in san diego, if you are seeing a new physician, do not forget to bring along your medical history that they can examine it while analyzing you to get a medical marijuana evaluation.
Photo ID/Proof of Identification: Be sure you bring any of these to your appointment to give evidence of your identity: present and valid state driver’s license or valid and current state ID card, current military issued ID card, passport, and proof of residency (current utility bill, mortgage statement or bank statement, etc.).
Medical History: This includes any new medical records which you have, any prescriptions that you’re currently using, any evaluation results including X-rays or blood work, and data regarding your current doctor.