Whenever you’re installing a new wood or iorn fence on your property, choosing the right fencing contractor is almost as important as choosing the fencing itself. It could be tempting to pick the first company that you see in the telephone book or through an online search, however you will have better results if you take a more methodical approach. Below are six key tips on evaluating fencing companies and picking the right professional for your project.
1. Look for fencing pros. You will undoutedly encounter lots of general contractors that state they can install your weapon. While this may technically be true, you will likely get much better results if you work with somebody who focuses on fence installation. These fencing contractors will be bettter able to inform you of your options, whether you want an iron fence to get a pool or garden privacy fence. They’ll also be able to address problems should they appear. A specialist fencing company is also more inclined to know any applicable local rules or regulations regardng fencing installation.
2. Get several options. Any valid fencing contractor will be happy to visit your house and offer an estimate for the job which you want done. Be cautious about any company that is prepared to give you a quote over the telephone. Instead, schedule a couple of in-person consultations with distinct fence contractors and get quotes in writing so you can compare later.
3. As soon as you have identified one or two fence contractors which you may want to utilize, you ought to check their referencs. The company may have the ability to put you in touch with satisified customers, but you should also check with neutral organizations such as the Better Business Bureau to see if there are any complaints about the company. You will also need to make certain that the firm has an actual physical location of business (instead of working out of a home or garage). FInally, find out just how long the organization has been in business.
4. Ask about licenses and insurance. Virtually anyone – no matter how inexperienced – could call themselves a fencing contractor. To avoid problems, make sure the contractor you hire is certified and fully insured. While it may seem you will get a better deal by choosing a less reputable fence company atlanta provider, you could end up paying for it afterwards because of a poor installation or an undependable, unlicensed contractor that disappears without finishing the job.
5. Find out who will be performing the work. Some fencing companies will hire sub-contractors to do the fencing installment. But, you’ll probably have a more satisfactory experience with a company which has its own trained employees. Not only will these workers likely be more skilled and dependable, but communication are also easier.
6. Receive a contract. Always make sure you have a written, signed contract before you begin working with a fencing company. The contract should include a description of the work being done in addition to information about payments and once the project will be completed. Be leery of any fencing contractors who ask for full payment up front; 30 to 50 percent is reasonable, with the balance due after the fence installation is complete.